Harvills Hawthorn Primary School Safeguarding Statement
As outlined in Section 11 of the Children’s Act 2004, there is a great emphasis on the responsibility of staff and Governors at Harvills Hawthorn Primary School to safeguard and promote the welfare of our children. This responsibility complements the statutory requirements placed on the school under Section 157/175 of the Education Act 2002.
In order to meet these expectations, the school will ensure it will:
· Have a Senior Management Team who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children at school and in the community
· Have a team of staff, volunteers and Governors who understand how to protect and safeguard our children and know how and when they must report concerns about their welfare.
· Have a clear statement of its responsibility to safeguard our children as defined in safeguarding policies and any training undertaken with staff, volunteers and Governors.
· Have clear lines of accountability for staff, volunteers and Governors in the school as defined in our Child Protection Policy and other safeguarding policies
· Ensure that our children are free to express their wishes and feelings throughout their experiences and within the rich environment that Harvills Hawthorn Primary School provides
· Ensure that staff, volunteers and Governors access training in relation to the welfare and protection of our children within the expectations of local and national guidance
· Have robust recruitment procedures which promote the welfare of our children as laid out in the school's Safer Recruitment Policy which is in line with national guidance
· Work in close partnership with parents/carers and other services concerned with the safeguarding of our children to meet both local and national expectations.
Please take the time to read through our safeguarding polices below.