SIPS Catering & Free School Meals
Harvills Hawthorn has its own kitchen run by SIPS Catering. They provide well-balanced meals cooked on the premises. Meals are £2.10 per day.
The benefits of using SIPS Catering are as follows:
- Your children get the choice of meals at the counter each day
- Cooks are shown dietary notes when serving your child
- Pay online or via PayPoint for 24/7 payment. Not limited to school office hours.
- Payment method means no hassle finding correct cash
- You can you easily track your account online
Free School Meals
We know that there are lots of things for your family to consider when the new school year begins’ but have you and your child decided what they will be having for lunch every day?
School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential. Did you know that your child could qualify for free school meals? If your child is eligible it means they can enjoy delicious, healthy meals without the bills and the fuss of of making packed lunches. Many children at our school are already eating free school meals, and your child may be able to have them too.
There is nothing healthier for your child and your family’s budget than free school meals. As professional cooks prepare meals for your child, it saves you having to worry about the effort and expense of making packed lunches every day. With our school catering system you can still choose exactly what your child is eating everyday. (Please see the Mellors catering page for more information).
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Income Support
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (including Child Tax Credit)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support from the National Asylum Support Service.
Find out if you are eligible by clicking this link. Alternatively you can speak to someone in the school office who will try and assist you.
Universal Free School Meals
School meals are free for pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.