Vision, Mission & Values
“I Believe I Can Fly”
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision at Harvills Hawthorn Primary School is for all of us to be the very best we can be.
Our mission is to prepare all of our children for the next stage of their lives to enable them to contribute positively to their community.
Our key values are:
1. Respect – Respect yourself, everything and everyone.
2. Love – We show love by caring for everyone and keeping them safe.
3. Inclusiveness – We include everybody in everything, no matter what.
4. Responsibility – We own our choices and understand that everybody is responsible for their actions.
5. Quality – We strive to do the very best that we can and accept nothing less.
Our vision, mission and values underpin all that we strive for and achieve here at Harvills.
The aims of the school are the same for all pupils. In a caring, disciplined, safe and happy environment, pupils are provided with many opportunities to develop spiritually, socially, physically and intellectually.
This will prepare and enable pupils to take their place as responsible citizens in the culturally diverse society in which we live.
Specifically the school is aiming :-
- To value all members of our school community as individuals and provide equal opportunities for all.
- To create an environment which promotes high expectation, mutual respect, self-confidence, self-discipline, good manners and positive models of behaviour whilst focusing upon success for all within a culture that encourages self-belief.
- To encourage greater understanding of the world in which we live and to develop respectful attitudes towards this world.
- To develop independent learners who have clear goals and play an active role in their own development.
- To enable all members of our school community to achieve their full potential.
- To raise standards.
- To nurture active, collaborative learners.
- To promote life-long learning.
- To promote the basic skills of English and mathematics.