At Harvills Hawthorn Primary School, we believe that good attendance leads to good achievement which can help lead to a successful life. We want all of our children to aim for our vision of being the very best that they can and attending school every day is the first step towards this.
We have an Attendance Officer who supports our drive for excellent attendance and punctuality.
As a school we aim to:
- Achieve an attendance rate of 96% or above.
- Maintain parents’ and pupils’ awareness of the importance of regular attendance and punctuality.
- Reduce the percentage of persistent absenteeism.
Good attendance is important because:
- Statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and poor attendance
- Regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically
- Regular attenders find school routines and school work easier to cope with
- Regular attenders find learning more satisfying
- Regular attenders have an easier transfer to secondary school