Application Procedure for September 2022
If you wish to apply for a Reception place at Harvills Hawthorn Primary School or are applying for a Secondary School place for September 2022 you will need to apply via the Local Authority.
Which Local Authority?
We follow the admission procedure laid down by Sandwell Local Authority which handles all applications for us on our behalf.
The application form for admission to school is a very important document, and has to be filled in online. You must make sure you fill it in as accurately and fully as possible. If you don’t do this, you may not end up with the choice of school you wanted. You may even end up being allocated a school place several miles away.
You apply via the Local Authority you live in, even if the school you wish to apply to is not in the same authority. For example, Harvills Hawthorn Primary is a Sandwell school, but a parent who lives in the Walsall Council area may wish to apply to the school. In this case the parent would apply via Walsall Council.
The Local Authorities co-ordinate applications together.
If you are unsure which authority you fall into visit Find Your Local Council and use the postcode lookup, which will tell you what Council authority you live in.
If you don’t feel confident in applying for a school place on your own, the school can support you complete an application form. Contact the school office and ask to make an appointment with Miss Banks who will be able to help you.
Further information on the Admissions process can be found on the following web pages:
Applying for a Reception place for September 2022
For children born between 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018:
- Online applications will go live on Monday 13 September 2021. [Please note: places are not allocated on a first come first served basis.]
- Closing date for application is Friday 15 January 2022.
- You will be notified via email in April 2022 of your school place offer, if you have applied using a paper form a letter will be posted to you.
Applying for a Secondary school place for September 2022
For children born between 1 September 2010 to 31 August 2011 who will start year six in September 2021.
- Closing date for on time applications was Sunday 31 October 2021.
- You will be notified via email in March 2022 of your school place offer, if you have applied using a paper form a letter will be posted to you.
- If you have not applied for a secondary school place please complete a late application form.
Applying for a Nursery place for September 2022
For children born between 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2019.
Please see the Nursery policy below and complete the form at the back of the policy and return to the main school office or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select the link below for more information on the appeals process and how to appeal agaisnt a school place.